Plasmid expression vector cloning
Molecular cloning is a process that allows the construction of recombinant DNA for the purpose of expressing genes in a given organism. The steps of cloning are typically: obtaining a source containing the DNA fragment of interest, amplification by PCR, insertion into a DNA vector. The set is inserted into a primary host for selection and replication (i.e. E. coli), and can then be purified to be introduced into a secondary host.
Materials to provide
- Source of the gene and information
- Primers and their sequences
- Empty plasmid and its map
Further details on the project may be requested.
You will be able to exchange directly with the experts after filling in the form below.
- Bacterial clone on paper, glycerol or agar
- Purified DNA
- Sequencing of the sequence of interest
- Study following the specifications validated with the Expert
Get started with your plasmid expression vector cloning
Please answer the fields below to be contacted by our team of scientists